Future Decisions about returning to worship in our sanctuary
Dear Church Family,
The Executive Committee (Board Chair Cindy Jones, Vice Chair Kim Gordon, Board Secretary Marcia Rice, and Pastor Sherry) along with Trustee Chuck Drews met by zoom on Sunday afternoon to assess our decision to gather for worship on Sunday morning July 12. When we met back in June to make this decision, we were cautiously hopeful that the threat of contracting the Covid-19 virus would be lessening, but we all realize that is not the case.
Therefore, out of concern for the health of all, we want to share with you the following:
1. We will now be LIVE on youtube on Sunday morning at 10AM.
2. Since we will be LIVE, we encourage all of you that have access to youtube to consider joining us LIVE on the internet rather than coming in person to worship – at least for the next couple of weeks.
3. This will work the same as what we have been doing – I will send you the link to click on. However, you will need to click on that link at 10AM on Sunday morning to join us LIVE. (You can still be in your PJs!) Imagine – 60 or 70 of us all clicking on the link around 10AM to join for worship! There will be the opportunity for you to type in a comment and let us know that you are present!
I know there is a learning curve for this – but we have all learned a LOT in the last few months and I believe we can make this work!
4. If you cannot join us online at 10AM, the service will be recorded (as we have been doing for the last 3 months) and you can watch it on youtube anytime after the service is concluded.
5. For those who come to lead worship, face masks will be required while in the church building and in the sanctuary – except while speaking as a worship leader.
6. If you choose to come and join us in person on Sunday morning at 10AM, please let me know ahead of time that you will be coming and whether or not you will bring your own communion. Communion (a grape and cracker) will be prepackaged and provided at the door to the sanctuary as you come in for worship. A face mask will be required and will be provided for you if you do not have one and you will be guided to sit in a specific pew to allow for social distancing.
I know this is a personal decision and may be a difficult decision for you – to consider continuing to worship from home instead of coming to the church building. We are so very eager to be together again! However, our primary concern is for your health and the health of our community. If you do choose to join us in person, we have made every effort to provide a safe and worshipful environment as we acknowledge the presence of God in our midst.
The deacons, elders, and the music leaders continue to join me in putting our best effort into leading worship well. Thank you for all the encouragement we have received!
Join us for worship online
If you have a computer or smart phone you can find the link to our online worship in several places:
- Website….firstchristianchurch.org – on Homepage click on white button at the top of the page, or go to worship tab then click on “worship online”. All sermon’s are available to watch on this page, starting with the most current.
- Our Public Facebook page: @fccolathe
- Our church group Facebook page: First Christian Church of Olathe
- www.youtube.com – search First Christian Church Olathe Channel – choose Live video, or any of our previous week sermon’s that you would like to watch.
- In your weekly FCC Olathe email (if you are not currently getting the FCC weekly email news, please email Pastor Sherry so she can add you to the list).
If you do not have a computer or smart phone, we can send you a DVD or a CD. Please call the church office and leave us a voice mail (913-764-3555) and we will be glad to put a DVD or CD in the mail to you.